Friday, October 23, 2009

Ten Weeks and counting

rec_crk_chris (6)Mutual agreements. Compromise. Here's a funny one. I love color, harmonious colors in my home are really important to me. I'm not much of a blue person unless it sorta seafoamy. I really hate white walls. Mo insists on white walls. Has had them in her house since 2002. At first she said I could paint my bedroom whatever I wanted, but really wanted to keep the other walls white. A couple of months ago when I was there, we went to Home Depot and found colors we both like. We are painting the living room, kind of a soft rich honey gold that I really love, with some accents. My dining room furniture is now there, and last week we took up the sofas. My bedroom is still here, but will be going next weekend. I'll sleep on the extra bed here for the last 10 weeks.


Some strange memory just slid back into my mind about some song by someone many many years ago about "painting the living room". It was a good song , about life doing crap all around you, things are all a mess...and "why are we painting the living room?"


Compromise. It's funny how it works. letting go seems to give it space to happen.


10 weeks. My guys at work keep saying "slow down, quite worrying about it, we can handle it". You can see Chris on my facebook album. He helped me move furniture last weekend and is helping me load the bedroom furniture next weekend. Deborah is coming down from Portland to help unload, then we will do the small town Pacific Terrace magical neighborhood Halloween thing with Melody and the grandkids. Hope the weather holds.


I am at that point of holding breath...the last weeks before the huge life change, the shift. Dreams have slowed down, for a time they were momentous, reflecting the shift to come. The earth is fairly quiet, no big "things". No earthquakes, killer storms, hurricanes...just politics, health care. They are talking a 40 percent tax on my federal health benefits. sigh. I made a huge fruit salad tonight for myself, was really hungry for something juicy and sweet. yum. would have been good for me if I hadn't dressed it so lovingly with sour cream and mayo and a little pineapple juice. LOL


I would imagine that the gorgeous new moon I saw on my walk tonight around the mobile park is shining down on people I love all over this world. Same sky, same moon, same October evening. I looked at all the little old ladies alone in their living rooms, TV’s on, lace curtains, maybe a book as they sat in their chairs. It’s always been my fascination, the voyeur in me that loves the secret views into people’s living rooms in the twilight. I wonder how they live, what they think, alone in Mill Villa every evening with their TV’s. At the moment, I am one of them.

1 comment:

MA said...

Hello from this side of retirement. So far, it's great. Hope you find it that way too...ps. I'm waiting for my email. LOL...hugs to you